VNHS | Eligibility and How to Apply
page-template-default,page,page-id-1556,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,paspartu_enabled,paspartu_on_top_fixed,qode_grid_1200,footer_responsive_adv,hide_top_bar_on_mobile_header,qode-theme-ver-16.7,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_top,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.9.0,vc_responsive

Eligibility and How to Apply

Are You Eligible?

In order to be eligible for subsidized housing with VNHS, the applicant(s):

  • Must have a Total Household Income at or below the Housing Income Limits (HILs) set by BC Housing
  • Must be 19 years or older
  • Some of our housing is specifically designated for peoples of Indigenous ancestry (applicable to applicant, spouse and/or dependents)

2018 Housing Income Limits (HILs)



1 Bedroom


2 Bedroom


3 Bedroom


4+ Bedroom


Housing Income Limits represent the income required to pay the average market rent for an appropriately sized unit in the private market. Average rents are derived from CMHC’s annual Rental Market Survey, done in the fall and released in the spring. The size of unit required by a household is governed by federal/provincial occupancy standards.

How to Apply

To apply for subsidized housing with VNHS, please complete the BC Housing Application Form and bring it:

  • In person: Bring your application to a BC Housing office, or to VNHS Head Office
  • By mail: BC Housing Registration Services, BC Housing, 101-4555 Kingsway, Burnaby, B.C., V5H 4V8
  • By fax: 604-439-4729 (you only need to fax pages 2, 3 and 4)
  • By email:

Click here to download the BC Housing Application Form

Or apply Online at: 

 If you need extra assistance filling out the application, please visit us at VNHS Head Office (1726 E. Hastings Street), or visit any BC Housing location.

Supportive Housing

Supportive housing is subsidized housing with on-site supports. These supports help you find and maintain housing stability. If you’re applying to supportive housing, you may require supports related to mental health and/or substance use and/or other challenges that may put you at higher risk of homelessness.

If you are interested in supportive housing, please contact the BC Housing Supportive Housing Registry by clicking here or by visiting Orange Hall (295 E Hastings St, Vancouver, BC. V6A 2Z3).